¼ cup olive oil
½ tsp Curry Powder
½ tsp dried rosemary
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbsp dry active yeast
1 tsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp sugar
½ cup warm water
2½ cup bread flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1½ tbsp sugar
1 cup water
1. Heat olive oil and add the garlic, curry powder, and rosemary and sauté for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Separately in a small bowl add yeast, 1 tsp flour, and 1 tsp sugar to the warm water and leave it until yeast has bloomed and becomes frothy.
3. In a large bowl take all the remaining dry ingredients. Add half of the cooled oil mixture and water. Mix everything until you get smooth dough. You may need a little more water to get smooth dough. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes so that you help the gluten to develop.
4. Keep the dough in an oiled bowl and cover it and keep it in a warm place. You can heat an oven to about 125-130 degree F and turn off the heat to help the rise of the dough.
5. When the dough becomes doubled in size, punch it down and knead it for another two minutes. Make it into a smooth round dough again and poke the dough on the surface with your fingertips.
6. Brush the remaining oil mixture on the surface and put it onto a round baking pan and cover it before keeping it in a warm oven/place to rise.
7. Once it doubles in size again, brush the surface lightly with more olive oil and bake the bread in a 375 degree F oven for about 20-25 minutes or until it is cooked and sounds hollow when tapped on the surface.
8. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Dr. Gayatri Borthakur, a nutritionist turned entrepreneur, has a PhD in nutrition and a passion for delicious but healthy foods.