A simple muffin recipe using our Chai Spice for a quick breakfast treat.
Part 2 of this post includes the recipe for Chai Spiced Irish Soda Bread!
Chai Spiced Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp Curry’s Chai Spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 stick of butter or margarine, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup Curry’s Chai Sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a medium sized muffin pan with 12 wells with liner.
2. Mix flour, Chai Spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Separately mix sugar and butter in a large bowl until smooth.
4. In another bowl, mix ricotta cheese and the egg. Add this mixture to the butter mixture. Add the
flour mixture gradually until well blended. Do not over-mix.
5. Spoon mixture onto the muffin pan, almost to the brim. If using, sprinkle the flavored sugar on top to give the muffins a crusty texture.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove onto a wire rack and let cool.
Dr. Gayatri Borthakur, a nutritionist turned entrepreneur, has a PhD in nutrition and a passion for delicious but healthy foods.