[Recipe courtesy of Mary’s Wholesome Living]
4 cups skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts), cooked and cubed
1 cup celery, chopped
½ cup golden raisins or dried apricots, or both
1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
½ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
½ cup mayonnaise (plus 1 tbsp. if desired at end)
½ cup plain Greek yogurt (plus 1 tbsp. if desired at end)
1 packet (1.5 tsp) of Curry’s Curry Powder
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Toast the almonds.
2. Mix chicken, celery, raisins, grapes, apricots, and toasted almonds.
3. In another bowl, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, and Curry Powder.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients together until well mixed.
5. If you desire a moister chicken salad, mix up an extra tablespoon of both mayonnaise and yogurt.
6. Serve on a romaine lettuce leaf, sandwich, or fill up a pita bread with other fixings.
You can try adding other fruits such as chopped apple, dried cranberries, etc.
Dr. Gayatri Borthakur, a nutritionist turned entrepreneur, has a PhD in nutrition and a passion for delicious but healthy foods.